You probably don’t think too much about your furnace when it’s hot outside. Why would you? You don’t need heat in the heat. But you will need it soon, which means now’s the time to start thinking about it. Just like any other appliance, furnaces break down and need repair. There are other times, though, when a repair just won’t be enough. Before it’s too late, you should check to see if your furnace is giving off any of these warning signs that it needs to be replaced:
- Knowing first, that the life expectancy of a furnace is 16-20 years. If your current furnace age is within that time frame or older, it could stop working when you need it the most.
- If you are hearing strange noises coming from your furnace.
- If you are seeing higher gas and electric bills and you know it’s not because your utility rates per energy used went up, then this is a big sign. As furnaces age, they lose their efficiency, which means they have to work harder and run longer to heat to your comfort level, but still generating the same amount of heat. In turn, you spend more money each year for your home’s energy bills.
Benefits of Replacing your Furnace if needed
Aside from having a furnace that works, many benefits to upgrading to a newer, more energy efficient model includes:
- Improved comfort with energy efficient furnaces that cycle on and off less often. Energy efficient furnaces also help to reduce energy bills by 40%.
- Better managing the temperature in your home with smarter thermostats
- With sealed combustion furnaces, you’ll have improved air quality
- New furnaces make far less noise than the one you probably have now
What Snelling Company will do for you
Our trained professionals are always stocked and ready to maintenance, repair or replace your furnace. We will remove and recycle your old furnace and install the new one. On top of that, for your convenience Snelling Company also:
- Carries all major furnace makes, models, and brands
- Guarantees timely and professional service calls
- Provides same day service responses and 24-Hour Emergency Service
When you call for service, you can be sure that one of our staff will confirm the presence of our technician to show up at your doorstep within a fifteen minute window. The Snelling Company identified technician will give their name and enter your home with your permission and will need access to your problem area (furnace, ducts, electrical panel, plumbing area) to provide you with adequate analysis and honest evaluation of any next steps needed and your options should a repair be necessary. If a repair is needed, we will advise of this. If replacement is needed, we will discuss our solutions.
We are always considerate of your home and caution all homeowners in advance as to whom they should allow in your home. We realize there are many reputable heating companies in our market, but there are also a few we have become aware of who deceive unsuspecting homeowners. They do this by deeply discounting offers for furnace tune-ups. Then, instead of sending a true technician, they send a commissioned sales person dressed in a service uniform to recommend costly repairs or inflated replacement prices. That’s not at all how the Snelling Company serves our customers.
Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it likely is. The average cost of a furnace tune-up is $120 to $150. If you see prices under $100, beware of what you are getting. Discounts or specials are normal, but big discounts are a warning sign. Over the great many years in business, we have heard and seen several bait-and-switch offers and want to reassure you of our quality of service and value your investment in your home’s indoor air comfort, plumbing and electrical.
If you have questions or concerns about service performed on your home’s heating system, please call Snelling Company, a local and trusted business. We will be happy to answer any questions.